St. Christopher’s Mission in Apostolate:
- · To demonstrate our Catholic beliefs in action to the community.
- · To proceed and upgrade the systems now being handled by the parish and to assist outside the parish when the need is present.
- · To reach out to all to join our community.
- · To welcome visitors and newcomers.
- · To encourage participation in Mass & social events.
- · To encourage community involvement by our parishioners.
- · To encourage social responsibility.
- · To reach out to others in the larger community - to members of other religious faith expressions & spread the word of things we do to draw them to us and to a better understanding of the Catholic faith.
- · The ladies guild would like women of the parish to become more interested in the religious and social needs of the parish.
PRIORITIZATION OF Apostolate’s SHORT TERM GOALS & OBJECTIVES [1994-95]:
- Continue to use the functions in the parish to show the community the UNITY within the parish and the need to live good Catholic lives and that this lifestyle is the way to glorify God through daily living.
- Planning Parish Social Events; festival, pig roast, Men’s/Guild activities, Youth group & CCD fund-raisers, Christmas caroling, Prayer chain
- Invite our “neighbors” to a lot of our functions - dinners, festival, senior citizen activities (our dinner for them). Lenten service at various churches - we already do that but it makes us a “family” community instead of each feeling separate.
- We would like more members to help with the projects we undertake such as Parish Dinners, Rosary during May & Oct., funeral dinners, Mother’s Day Mass, Anointing Mass, Decorating of the church for Christmas and other social events that come up during the year.
PRIORITIZATION OF Apostolate’s LONG TERM GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- Seek converts.
- Continue programs and update as needed. Sense of belonging.
- To encourage formation of ‘Pro Life’ group & speakers,
- maybe a Young parents support group,
- have speakers on Medjugorje & other sightings of Mary (visitation),
- more summer events to invite visitors, teenagers support their own group, volleyball, games, tureen dinners.
- Prepare meals for parishioners who come home from the hospital. Better communication among organizations.
- to see more active members. New projects to benefit the church.